PackML Workshop (add'l registration required)
1:00 - 5:00 pm
Conference registrants are invited to arrive early to attend this informative training session for professionals who wish to learn more about the benefits of PackML.
The PackML Workshop offers technical and actionable information for both packaging end-users and OEMs. Packagers will learn about the ease of implementing PackML to increase the productivity of packaging lines, and machine builders will learn about the engineering and integration efficiencies and machine performance benefits of PackML.
See how PackML enables professionals to stop writing machine code from scratch, make the fundamentals of control consistent and reusable, and concentrate on functionalities that make packaging systems more productive. Chris Thomas, Senior Controls Engineer and Workshop instructor sums up the benefits this way: "When we implement PackML, it feels more like we're organizing our programming in a good, logical way rather than just complying with a standard. It's a better way to program a machine."
The PackML Workshop will include:
- PackML Overview: What and Why
- Lessons learned - Instructor Chris Thomas will share experiences implementing PackML
- Tools: receive all available vendor templates
- Walk through of the P&G template, used by 200+ developers
- Definition of modes, states and tags — and the purpose for each
- Learn how the state machine works and how data flows
- Education about PackML via real-world examples
- Roadmap for execution: be able to identify the right PackML elements for your machine
Class size will be limited to encourage personalized attention and time for questions and answers.
Workshop instructor, Chris Thomas, is a Senior Controls Engineer at Axon, a leading designer and manufacturer of heat shrinkable sleeve labeling systems for the food, beverage, health & beauty aids, household goods, and pharmaceuticals industries. Axon is powered by Pro Mach, a provider of equipment, installation, training, parts, and service in primary and secondary packaging, flexible packaging, processing, end of line, material handling, and identification and tracking.
The PackML Workshop is available exclusively for registered attendees of The Automation Conference 2014, and requires an additional registration fee.
- Workshop Fee - $350
- Workshop Fee for OMAC Members - $250
To register, please visit www.regonline.com/TAC2014.